The History of Sustainability
Imagineers have continued in the past years to find new and innovative ways to conserve both the environment and the magic in the world of Disney. Walt Disney Imagineering is actually one of the founders of the Institute of the Environment and Sustainability Corporate Partner Program, otherwise known as the CPP. The CPP is dedicated to create “an interactive relationship between companies and UCLA faculty, researchers, students and other firms to explore the latest business opportunities in environment and sustainability, corporate environmental performance, successful eco-marketing strategy and promotion of companies’ environmental initiatives” . Walt Disney Imagineering believes that as a community leader, it has a responsibility to lead the crowds by maintaining the highest ethical standards. For that reason, in 2009 Disney was recognized by the Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship and Reputation Institute as a leader in Corporate Social Responsibility .
Sources of Waste in Disney
Solutions to Waste
-  K. Lefkowitz. (2011, July 11). Making the Magic More Sustainable at Disney Parks and Resorts [Online]. Available: http://www.environment.ucla.edu/newsroom/making-the-magic-more-sustainable-at-disney-parks-and-resorts/.
-  J. Ogden. (2013, October 31). A Special Treat: Walt Disney World Wins Sustainability Award for “Making the Switch” to Save Electricity [Online]. Available: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/a-special-treat-walt-disney-world-wins-sustainability-award-for-making-the-switch-to-save-electricity/.
-  S.Tully. (2014, June 26). Nothing trashy about Disneyland ranch [Online]. Available: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/raney-626969-trash-employees.html.
-  (2015). Performance: Environmental Stewardship [Online]. Available: https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/citizenship/act-responsibly/environmental-stewardship/performance#waste_.
-  (2010). 2010 Corporate Citizenship Report [Online]. Available: https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/citizenship/reporting/report-archive/2010/environment/overview/waste/
-  (2013, June 10). The Walt Disney Company – A Leader in Corporate Social Responsibility [Online]. Available: http://www.businessreviewusa.com/leadership/3827/The-Walt-Disney-Company-A-Leader-In-Corporate-Social-Responsibility
-  D. Myers. (2014, August 15). Goofy things you didn’t know about food at Disney parks [Online]. Available: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/08/15/goofy-things-didnt-know-about-food-at-disney-parks/
-  (2014, October 31). Walt Disney World Fun Facts [Online]. Available: http://wdwnews.com/fact-sheets/2014/10/31/walt-disney-world-fun-facts/
-  (2014). Attendance at the Magic Kingdom theme park (Walt Disney World Florida) from 2009 to 2014 (in millions)* [Online]. Available: http://www.statista.com/statistics/232966/attendance-at-the-walt-disney-world-magic-kingdom-theme-park/
-  (2010). Disney Citizenship Performance Summary [Online]. Available: https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/sites/default/files/reports/DisneyCitizenshipSummary_ FINAL_0.pdf
-  (2015). Energy Conservation and Emissions Reduction [Online]. Available: emissions-reduction http://publicaffairs.disneyland.com/environment/energy-conservation-and- /
-  (2015). Water Conservation [Online]. Available: http://publicaffairs.disneyland.com/environment/water-conservation/
-  (2014). Theme Parks [Online]. Available: http://www.greenisuniversal.com/learn/about-us/theme-parks/
-  J. Spence. (2009, April 27). “Green” comes to Disney Merchandising [Online]. Available: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/04/green_comes_to_disney_merchand_1.html
-  (2015, September 21). Learn About Sustainability [Online]. Available: